4 Ways to Stay Connected with AACC
- Become a fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Sign up for Diversity Digest
- Visit our website to learn about events and attend
- Article: Red, White & Black Walk Garners National Attention, Joint Project Developed by African American Cultural Center, History Department, and Libraries. The semi-annual Walks are scheduled for November and April.
- Announcement: African American Cultural Center is pleased to announce the 2013 tour to Uganda departed as scheduled December 26, 2013 through January 5, 2014.
- Article: Dr. Sheila Smith McKoy’s and Dr. James Kiwanuka-Tondo’s recent visit to Uganda. Visitors from North Carolina State University: Dr. Tondo and Dr. Smith McKoy (on the right) handing books to Dr. Kawaase. On the left is Haji Ssekimpi.
- Article: President Obama at NC State. January 14, 2014, view webcast courtesy of the White House.
- Article: Dr. Everett Ward Named Interim President at Saint Augustine’s University. April 23, 2014.
- Report: AACC Annual Report 2013-2014
- Article: Dr. Sheila Smith McKoy will return to the faculty of the English Department and the Africana Studies Department in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences after serving as director of the African American Cultural Center for the past three years. OIED thanks Dr. Smith McKoy for her continued work in the areas of diversity and equity and wishes her well in her scholarly endeavors.
Please contact AACC Librarian Angela M. Jenkins to suggest a book to be added to the AACC Library and Media Room collection.
Congratulations to author Adrian Miller: Soul Food: The Surprising Story of an American Cuisine One Plate at a Time.
Winner of the James Beard Award for Research and Scholarship in cooking, his book was suggested by NCSU/OIED staff member for the AACC Library collection!
Suggest a Speaker
Please contact any AACC staff member to suggest a speaker to be brought to NC State.
- Make a donation to the African American Cultural Center.