The African American Cultural Center Library and Media Room (AACCLMR, formerly known as the African American Cultural Center Reading Room) houses a collection of educational and leisure reading and audio/visual resources by and about Africans, African Americans and other members of the African Diaspora. The collection supports Africana Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies and the Interdisciplinary Studies Course (IDS). The AACCMR Library is an affiliate of the NCSU Libraries.
The African American Cultural Center Library hours are:
Monday through Thursday, 9-9, Friday, 9-5.
Contact the library at 919-515-1397.
Services & Equipment
The Library has wireless access, offering an NCSU network for faculty, staff, and students, as well as a guest network for visitors. In addition, the following equipment is available:
- Computer workstations (with NCSU Unity login)
- TV/VCR/DVD for viewing videocassettes and DVDs
- Black and white Telesensory Voyage Visualtek CCTV with screen magnification for the visually impaired
Using the computer workstations, users can also access library services offered through the NCSU Libraries:
- Access to the NCSU Libraries collections through the library’s search interface
- Combined access to the library catalogs of NCSU, Duke, UNC-CH, and NCCU through the Library Catalog (choose Triangle research libraries)
- AskUs service, with staff available 24 hours to provide help IM, text message, email, or phone
- Access to digitized images and texts from the Special Collections Research Center with historical information about N.C. State
- Course-related services, including Course Tools and Course Reserves
- Tripsaver, for requesting books or articles not available at NCSU
All library materials may be checked out of the AACC Library by NCSU students, faculty, and staff only.
Books can be checked out for 30 days. The maximum number of books to be checked out at one time is 4. DVDs/Videos can be checked out for 5 days. The maximum number of DVDs/videos to be checked out at one time is 2.
NOTE: To ensure that the item you are seeking is available, please call 515-1397. Library items can be placed on hold at the circulation desk for 48 hours.
Please silence all mobile devices while in the library. If you need to make a phone call, please do so in the hallway of the Witherspoon Student Center in order to not disturb the other patrons.
All beverages must be in a securely covered container, no food is allowed.
Witherspoon Student Center, 2nd Floor, Room 218