“Students Helping Students”
The purpose of the Peer Mentor Program is to aid in the academic, emotional, and socio-cultural adjustment of mentees to college life at North Carolina State University. The peer mentoring relationship is designed to foster a network of support for culturally diverse first year students (mentees). Peer Mentors serve as peer support personnel for mentees and share program goals and responsibilities aimed at ensuring the retention of student participants.
Be a Mentee: Request a Peer Mentor
The Peer Mentor Program caters to incoming first-year students of culturally diverse backgrounds. If you have not been matched with a mentor and would like to request a Peer Mentor please complete our Mentee Profile Sheet.
Be a Mentor: Apply to be a Peer Mentor
The application process is currently closed. Peer Mentor recruitment for the 2015-2016 academic year will begin in February 2015.
Peer Mentor Expectations and Requirements
- Must have completed at least 24 hours of coursework at NC State before starting mentor position.
- Available to serve as a mentor for fall and spring terms.
- Maintain at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA throughout the academic year.
- Enroll or have completed ECD 224: Introduction to Student Development and Peer Mentoring (2 credit hour course).
- Attend Peer Mentor sponsored events.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs.
- Maintain weekly contact, through a variety of methods, with mentees.
- Record contact with mentees on designated contact forms and submit them to the program advisor in a timely manner.
- Inform your mentees of other campus organizations, programs, activities, and events.
- Attend and participate in a mandatory Peer Mentor Retreat.
Please contact Bianca Lambert at email@example.com or visit the Multicultural Student Affairs office at 1107 Pullen Hall.