Become a Peer Mentor!
The Peer Mentor Program is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year. Apply today!
The purpose of the Peer Mentor Program is to aid in the academic, emotional, and socio-cultural adjustment of mentees to college life at North Carolina State University. The peer mentoring relationship is designed to foster a network of support for culturally diverse first year
students (mentees). Mentors serve as peer support personnel for mentees and share program goals and responsibilities aimed at ensuring the retention of student participants.
Mentor Expectations and Requirements
- Must have completed at least 24 hours of coursework at NC State before starting mentor position.
- Available to serve as a mentor for fall and spring terms.
- Maintain at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA throughout the academic year.
- Enroll (Fall 2014) or have completed ECD 224: Introduction to Student Development and Peer Mentoring (2 credit hour course).
- Attend Peer Mentor sponsored events.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs.
- Maintain weekly contact, through a variety of methods, with mentees.
- Record contact with mentees on designated contact forms and submit them to the program advisor in a timely manner.
- Inform your mentees of other campus organizations, programs, activities, and events.
- Attend and participate in a mandatory Peer Mentor Retreat (Sat. March 29, 2014, 10AM-3PM).
If you are interested in applying to be a 2014-2015 Peer Mentor please complete the application below. If you cannot access the form, please see the 2014-2015 Peer Mentor Application here.
The application deadline is Fri., February 28, 2014.
Interviews will take place the week of March 3rd – 7th with a range of times from 10AM-6PM. To schedule an interview please contact us through one of the following methods: 1107 Pullen Hall (in person); 919.515.3835 (by phone); email@example.com (by email).
Please contact Mary Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Multicultural Student Affairs office at 1107 Pullen Hall.