Chancellor’s First Year Student Leadership Program
As participants in the Chancellor’s First Year Student Leadership Program (CFYSLP), you will have the opportunity to engage in discussion and actions learning about gender-based leadership and develop your skills as a student leader. As a program, we hope to (a) identify and nurture a cohort of emerging leaders, (b) improve participants’ self-efficacy, self-knowledge, and leadership abilities through information sharing and relationship building, (c) equip and maximize both individual and group leadership competencies through service-based learning opportunities on campus and in the Raleigh and greater community!
Who is it for?
The CFYSLP is geared towards (but not limited or exclusive to):
- Historically under-represented groups
- First-generation college students
- Students who may not otherwise self-identify as leaders!
Components and leadership modules Topics in weekly meetings will include gender based leadership issues. These topics include (a) The Hillary Clinton effect, (b) negotiation 101, (c) strength based leadership and other leadership theories, (d) networking, (e) work, life, balance, and many more!
- A two semester commitment from Spring 2015 to Fall 2015
- Attend all events
- A commitment to meeting weekly each semester on Mondays from 5:00-7:00PM
- A commitment to fulfilling the volunteer/service learning component
Applications available in fall 2015 for the class of 2016.