The mission of the Council on the Status of Women is to support equity for women, faculty, staff and students by advocating their rights, values and professional principles and by providing opportunities, counsel, and leadership to promote a diverse and inclusive university community.
The university community is an environment in which equity, diversity, and inclusiveness enhance opportunities to attain professional goals, aspirations, and achievement.
- Provide advice related to the enhancement of an atmosphere that supports and promotes realizing the potential of all women in the university community;
- Provide advice related to policy matters pertaining to women, including policies related to employment, salary equity and career mobility of faculty and staff, and to academic performance of students. In particular the Council should carefully review the equity of faculty salaries;
- Provide advice related to women’s programs and campus activities that have an impact on women; and
- Provide advice related to campus networks for information, communication and cooperation on issues, women’s needs and opportunities.
- Professional Development and Awards – To enhance the professional environment through equitable, diverse, and inclusive opportunities for advancement of personal and professional skills and to recognize achievement, accomplishments, and contributions to society by providing incentives and awards representative of the diverse university community.
- Employment and Resources – Evaluate, publicize and recommend changes to policies, practices and culture which contribute to the well-being of the university community.
- Health, Safety and Training