There are many resources and groups on campus devoted to promoting the careers, well being, and health of student, staff, and faculty women. There are several organizations and centers devoted to gender issues, such as the NC State Women’s Center, the Council on the Status of Women, and the Association of Women Faculty. In addition, there are several student organizations devoted to careers in science, engineering, and management for women. These organizations provide ways to meet other women in specific fields and learn about career opportunities. Opportunities for leadership training, library and curricular resources for studying women and gender, and programs devoted to women’s health are listed. Also included are NC State organizations for faculty and staff women, whose aims are to improve the climate for women on this campus and increase the representation of women among the faculty.
Women’s Organizations and Centers
- NC State Women’s Center
- Association of Women Faculty
- Council on the Status of Women
- ADVANCE Developing Diverse Departments at NC State
- North Carolina State University Woman’s Club
Professional Organizations and Academic Programs
- Women In Science (WISE)
- Society of Women Engineers
- Women in Computer Science
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Leadership Training for Women
- Women in Leadership Development (WILD) is a leadership program for female students offered every year.
- BRIDGES Academic Leadership for Women is a leadership program for staff and faculty from academic institutions across North Carolina
- ADVANCE Developing Diverse Departments at NC State Leadership Workshops for faculty and administrators