Hispanic Latino Advisory Group
The Hispanic/Latino Advisory Group (HLAG) is both a working group and an advisory group comprised of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community leaders that ensures the needs of current and future Hispanic/Latino students are met. This group is convened by the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity to promote collective work efforts across the university, while also fostering relationships with community organizations and school districts to make NC State University, the “University of Choice” for Hispanic/Latino families.
The Hispanic/Latino Advisory Group will:
- Promote collective work, expand current initiatives, and strategically design new initiatives for outreach, recruitment, retention and graduation of Hispanic/Latino students.
- Effectively share and interconnect research and critical information across the university to promote strategic planning.
- Ensure that all colleges are represented and vested in initiatives and programs for recruiting, admitting, retaining and graduating Hispanic/ Latino undergraduate and graduate students.
- Stay abreast of university, state, national and international trends, as well as the diverse needs of Hispanic/Latino communities in North Carolina as it relates to access and education.
- Recommend and advocate for policies that advance the University’s goals to create an environment which fosters success for Hispanic/Latino faculty, staff and students.
|Internal Partners||Partner Affilication/Job Title|
|Joanne Woodard||Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity, Vice Provost|
|Roderick Bradley||Multicultural Student Affairs, Director|
|Andrew Behnke, Ph.D.||4-H Youth Development and Family and Consumer Sciences|
|Cintia Aguilar||4-H Youth Development and Family and Consumer Sciences|
|Toby Brody||Dept. of Foreign Language, Director of English as a Second Language|
|Cristal Vivanco||Mi Familia, Executive Director|
|Marina Offner||Office of Admissions, Assistant Director|
|Roberto Martinez||TRIO Programs, Assistant Director|
|Lisa Guion Jones, Ph.D.||College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Professor|
|Erin Banks, Ph.D.||Graduate School, Director IMSD|
|Jamila Simpson, Ph.D.||College of Physical and Math Sciences, Assistant Dean|
|Maria Correa, Ph.D.||College of Vetinary Medicine, Associate Professor|
|Kevi Dixon||Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, Assistant Director|
|Allison Dodson||Alumni Affairs, Coordinator|
|Deb Luckadoo, Ed.D.||Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity, Staff Diversity|
|Tracey Ray, Ph.D.||Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity, Student Diversity|
|Allison Mitchall||College of Education, Director of Student Involvement|
|Helga Fasciano||Department of Public Instruction|
|Irene Godinez||Alumni Representative|
|MariaRosa Rangel||Hispanic/Latino Outreach, WCPSS|
|Norma Marti||Minority Outreach Consultant|
|Angeline Echeverria||Executive Director|