New this semester!
The Associate Professors’ Community is an informal discussion group open to all faculty, with a special emphasis on issues of importance to associate professors. The learning community will meet approximately three times each semester to discuss topics related to setting direction, taking on new roles, teaching, research, and faculty life. It provides an informal setting to meet other faculty and discuss issues of common interest. The intent is to enhance faculty experience and provide an ongoing discussion group for associate professors. The meeting topics are suggested by participants and members of the Advisory Board. Each meeting will focus on a different aspect of faculty experience and help make connections with people in many different spheres of the university.
Please register on the Office of Faculty Development (OFD) Event Registration Form for upcoming APC meetings. Bring your lunch. Bottled water and cookies will be provided.
Wednesday, Sept 18, 2013, What next? Strategic planning for your next career step
Wednesday, September 18, 2013. 12:25-1:15 Clark Hall 4th Floor Conference Room: What next? Strategic planning for your next career step.
- Barry Goldfarb, Professor and Head, Forestry and Environmental Resources
- Monica Leach, Associate Professor, Social Work
- Trudy MacKay, Professor, Biological Sciences
- Laura Severin, Professor of English and Special Assistant to the Provost for Academic Planning
Resource: Mid-Career Faculty Planning Process from UNC Charlotte ADVANCE Program Workshop
Monday, October 14, 2013. How to manage all the opportunities that come your way?
- Anthony Blikslager, Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences
- Nancy Cassill, Professor and Director, Global Luxury Management
- Mary Schweitzer, Professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Wednesday, October 30, 2013. Job satisfaction among NC State associate professors: Findings from the national COACHE survey
Thursday, November 14. Fostering an international reputation
- Bailian Li, Vice Provost for International Affairs
- Orlando Rojas, Associate Professor, Department of Forest Biomaterials
- Ruie Pritchard, Director of Graduate Programs, Curriculum and Instruction
The Advisory Board
- Alper Bozkurt, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Betsy Brown, Office of Faculty Development
- Michael Dickey, Chemical Engineering
- Joy Gayles, Leadership, Policy, Adult and Higher Education
- Christine Grant, College of Engineering
- Steffen Heber, Bioinformatics
- Hoon Joo Lee, Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- Terri Long, Plant Biology
- Marce Lorenzen, Entomology
- Jim Martin, Chemistry
- Melissa Pasquinelli, Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science
- Pradip Pramanik, Proposal Development Unit
- Roderick Rejesus, Agriculture and Resource Economics
Contact Marcia Gumpertz (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in serving on the Advisory Board.