What’s the demographic distribution of faculty at NC State? Has the number of faculty of color increased over the past 10 Years? Does the risk of leaving for assistant professors differ between men and women?
Find demographic and survey data here, as well as reports on special topics
|Hispanic of any Race||3%|
|Two or More Races||0.6%|
2012-13 GLBT Climate Survey Report
The purpose of the climate survey was to find the perceptions, either positive or negative, which GLBT individuals have regarding their experiences at NC State. This survey was a needs assessment to understand the current campus and incorporated both quantitative and qualitative methods in order to achieve this goal.
July 2013: Usage of Tenure Clock Extension for a New Child in the Family
- 2008: 1 extension for a new child (1 man)
- 2009: 5 extension for a new child (2 women, 3 men)
- 2010: 11 extensions for a new child (6 women, 5 men)
- 2011: 8 extensions for a new child (5 women, 3 men)
- 2012: 7 extensions for a new child (3 women, 4 men)
- Total: 32 extensions for a new child (Note that a total of 94 extensions for all reasons were approved in this time period, 45 to women and 49 to men).