Women’s Center 24 hour RSVP Line
The Women’s Center runs the 24-hour anonymous and confidential Relationship and Sexual Violence Phone (RSVP) line 919-618-RAPE (7273).
Women’s Center Confidential Advocates
Additionally, confidential advocates are available in the Women’s Center Mon-Fri 9-5pm and offer the following services for survivors of sexual and relationship violence and stalking:
· Crisis/options counseling
· Accompaniment and scheduling to court, student conduct, police, hospital, etc.
· Assist you with changes in housing, parking, classes, etc.
· Contact your professors on your behalf for flexibility/assistance
· A Survivor Fund which offers financial assistance to survivors, i.e. cabs, medications, labs, counseling, morning-after pill, etc.
· Resources and referrals to campus and community services
919-828-3005 – 24 Hour Support Line
919-828-3067 - Solace Center (for forensic exam – located at Interact)
612 Wade Avenue, Raleigh
Interact, located near campus at 612 Wade Avenue , is a non-profit United Way Agency that provides services to victims and survivors of domestic violence and rape/sexual assault. If you want to have a rape kit (even if you have not yet decided to press charges, it is still important that you get this exam soon as it is only offered within 120 hours after an assault) the Solace Center is a designated area for forensic examination and treatment of survivors of rape and sexual assault.
The purpose of the Solace Center is:
· To gather evidence that can be used to prosecute rape cases collected in a private, confidential and safe location by a trained forensic nurse examiner
· To provide survivors of rape and sexual assault the opportunity to access support services from an Interact Advocate.
· To provide law enforcement with the opportunity to begin their investigation without delay
Please call the center before showing up at Interact for an exam. SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) may be on call and may not be at the center on a 24-hour basis. Interact will be able to explain to you or the survivor/caller when a SANE nurse can meet for an examination.