The Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention is a working group composed of NCSU staff members & allies in the community. The group’s goal is to create an NCSU community that actively works toward eradicating gender-based violence: sexual assault, stalking, dating violence and sexual harassment.
The work of the Committee focuses on, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Developing educational programs designed to (a) enhance the knowledge of members of the campus community & (b) create a culture at NCSU that is intolerant of behavior that promote or enable gender based violence.
- Ensuring a coordinated campus response to incidents of sexual harassment, stalking, dating violence or sexual assault .
- Promoting appropriate training of units and staff responsible for addressing gender based violence.
- Advising and assisting various units and agencies with the development, implementation, and assessment of awareness, prevention, and intervention programs which address various forms of gender based violence.
- Serving as resources for campus and community members seeking information or services for those impacted by gender based violence
- Staying informed about the levels and patterns of gender violence in the campus community, and tailoring our efforts toward addressing those trends.