The Developing Diverse Departments grant funding period ended December 31, 2012. Several components of the D3 project have been adopted by NCSU. Please see the following links for current information about the Climate Workshops for Department Heads, Leadership Development Workshops, and Faculty Liaisons to the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity.
- Climate Workshops for Department Heads
- Leadership for a Diverse Campus Workshop Series
- Faculty Liaisons to the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
The mission of Developing Diverse Departments is to spark a shift in attitudes toward a diverse and inclusive climate and create paths of diffusion and discussion of these ideas throughout the NC State faculty.
- Increase the number of women and faculty of color in the professoriate
- Create a climate that promotes the success of all faculty
- Eliminate factors that elevate women’s and ethnic minorities’ risk of leaving NCSU faculty positions.
- Deans, center directors, and department heads who are actively and effectively creating conditions within their units that are favorable for advancing women and faculty of color.
- Women and faculty of color who are emerging as academic leaders.
Developing Diverse Departments at NC State is funded by NSF ADVANCE PAID (Partnerships in Adaptation, Implementation, and Dissemination) grant number 0820013. We’d like to acknowledge the ADVANCE Institutional Transformation projects at the University of Michigan (STRIDE), the University of Washington, the University of Wisconsin (WISELI), and Georgia Tech, whose ideas we have appropriated and adapted.