The Hispanic/Latino Advisory Group (HLAG) is both a working group and an advisory group comprised of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community leaders that ensures the needs of current and future Hispanic/Latino students are met. This group is convened by the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity to promote collective work efforts across the university, while also fostering relationships with community organizations and school districts to make NC State University, the “University of Choice” for Hispanic/Latino families.
- Promote collective work, expand current initiatives, and strategically design new initiatives for outreach, recruitment, retention and graduation of Hispanic/Latino students.
- Effectively share and interconnect research and critical information across the university to promote strategic planning.
- Ensure that all colleges are represented and vested in initiatives and programs for recruiting, admitting, retaining and graduating Hispanic/ Latino undergraduate and graduate students.
- Stay abreast of university, state, national and international trends, as well as the diverse needs of Hispanic/Latino communities in North Carolina as it relates to access and education.
- Recommend and advocate for policies that advance the University’s goals to create an environment which fosters success for Hispanic/Latino faculty, staff and students.