Day of Giving 2019: Why I Give to Diversity

Day of Giving

For the upcoming NC State Day of Giving on March 27, 2019, we asked NC State staff members why they give for diversity. Here are some of their responses.

Kory Saunders

International Programs Coordinator Kory Saunders works in Study Abroad in the Office of Global Engagement.

Kory Saunders“I Give to diversity to ensure that students from all backgrounds, especially those from marginalized communities, have opportunities to excel and succeed as they step outside of their comfort zones to engage with the world around them.”

Justine Hollingshead

Chief of Staff and Assistant Vice Chancellor Justine Hollingshead works in NC State’s Division of Academic and Student Affairs.

Justine Hollingshead“Supporting diversity and inclusion takes on many forms. I give to diversity because it is more than just being an ally, it is about giving back financially to help provide resources to marginalized communities. As the first director of the NC State GLBT Center, I know firsthand how important it is to have funding to support our students. Join me in giving to diversity.”

Stephanie Helms Pickett

Associate Vice Provost for Diversity Engagement, Training and Education Stephanie Helms Pickett works in the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity.

Stephanie Helms Pickett“I believe in supporting concepts, ideas and principles that are enriching, meaningful and impactful. Diversity at its highest level of excellence embodies these considerations. For me, giving to diversity is an action-oriented step to contribute to spaces that incubate the affirmation of identities while fostering a sense of belonging.”

Marian Fragola

Director of Program Planning and Outreach Marian Fragola works in NCSU Libraries.

Marian Fragola“I give to diversity because of NC State’s remarkable students, faculty and staff, who inspire me in so many ways.”