Year in Review: Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
News from the Provost
- Sheri Schwab Named Vice Provost for Institutional Equity and Diversity
- Search for Dean of the College of Natural Resources Underway
- Nominations for 2019-20 Faculty Awards Sought
- Make an Honorary Degree Nomination
- NC State Staff Find Perfect Fit in MALS Program
- Pack Hacks for Faculty: Making Student Work Public
Ever wonder about all the programs and initiatives offered by the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED)? Wonder no more. We invite you to browse through our annual report for 2018-19, which documents our entire year of programs, initiatives, events and services for the campus community.
The report begins with a year-end statement from Interim Vice Provost Sheri Schwab and includes a recap of the year’s activities in each of OIED’s units: Equal Opportunity and Equity, Diversity Engagement, Training and Education and the Campus Community Centers — the African American Cultural Center, the GLBT Center, Multicultural Student Affairs and the Women’s Center — and the Bias Impact Response Team.
- Read about the Title IX Forum hosted in January by the Equal Opportunity and Equity unit in response to the proposed changes by the U.S. Department of Education. The forum informed the university community about the details of regulation changes and how to participate in the public response process.
- Learn about this year’s Building Future Faculty program, which annually invites a cohort of doctoral scholars to a 3-day conference at NC State in preparation for careers in academia.
- Review this year’s recipients of the Chancellor’s Creating Community Awards, our annual recognition in partnership with the Chancellor’s Office to recognize excellence in diversity and inclusion on campus.
- See the impact of the African American Cultural Center’s Faculty Fellowship program and review this year’s fellows.
- Check out the tremendous growth of both the GLBT Center’s GLBT Symposium for first-year students and Multicultural Affairs’ Symposium for Multicultural Scholars.
- Learn about the inaugural Multicultural Graduate Student Orientation hosted by Multicultural Student Affairs.
- Read the testimony of future leaders who discovered their paths in the Women’s Center through opportunities such as The Movement peer education program.
- Find out about educational opportunities in the area of transformative and restorative communities of practice offered through the Bias Impact Response Team this year.
If you like what you read, come to more of our programs and events in the coming year, and invest in yourself through our many diversity, equity and inclusion workshops.
Thank you for your partnership and support of the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity.