Project SAFE is a three-hour workshop open to NC State undergraduates, graduate students, staff, faculty and alumni as well as interested members of the local community. The workshop is designed to prepare participants to understand and address the needs of GLBT students. The curriculum addresses a wide range of information, including:
- Identity terms associated with the GLBT community
- Issues that GLBT students often deal with during the coming out process
- Concerns that GLBT students face both in and out of the classroom
- Ways that allies can create inclusive environments
- The on- and off-campus resources available to students
Fall 2017 Workshop Dates
Registration is required to attend. All workshops will be located in Talley.
- Thursday, September 21, 2017 from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
- Monday, October 16, 2017 from 2:00 – 5:00 PM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
- Wednesday, November 1, 2016 from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
Spring 2018 Workshop Dates
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 2:00 – 5:00 PM in Talley Student Union
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018 from 1:00 – 4:00 PM in Talley Student Union
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 from 2:00 – 5:00 PM Talley Student Union
To register for a Project SAFE workshop, please click here. If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations to attend this workshop, please contact us at 919-513-9742.