Trans 101 is a two-hour workshop designed to introduce participants to the spectrum of transgender, gender-nonconforming, and gender-questioning identities and expressions. The workshop is designed to prepare participants to understand and address the needs of transgender students. The curriculum addresses a wide range of information, including:
- Identity terminology related to sex and gender
- Common concerns faced by trans students
- Ways to practice trans inclusion
Registration is required to attend. All workshops will be located in Talley Student Center.
Fall 2017 Workshop Dates
- Monday, September 25, 2017 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM in Talley Student Union, Room 4280
Spring 2018 Workshop Dates
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM in Talley Student Union
- Monday, April 9, 2018 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM in Talley Student Union
To register for the Trans 101 workshop, please click here. If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations to attend this workshop, please contact us at 919-513-9742.