The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED) is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and diverse intellectual and cultural campus experience related to the mission of North Carolina State University (NC State). The OIED facilitates efforts to ensure equity and opportunity, increases awareness of diversity issues through education, and strengthens relationships across diverse groups. Through these efforts, the OIED promotes cultural competence development, thereby fostering a welcoming and respectful campus. By providing guidance, programming, and outreach to constituent groups and the community, and by adhering to accountability and compliance standards, the OIED prepares NC State students, faculty, and staff for local, state, national, and global collaboration.
To foster an inclusive campus community of students, faculty, and staff who value and inspire personal, academic, and professional excellence.
- Cultivate a community in which individuals demonstrate respect toward one another.
- Facilitate campus efforts to increase participation, retention, and success of students, faculty, and staff from historically underrepresented groups.
- Ensure that NC State is an equitable and inclusive environment, one that is free from prohibited discrimination and harassment.
- Provide effective awareness and enrichment programming to the NC State community.
- Work together, as units of the OIED, to provide a unified, campus-wide approach to ensure that students, faculty and staff learn and work within a campus defined by the best practices in equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- See also NC State’s Definition of Diversity.