Primary Policies and Procedures Related to the Issues of Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
The Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity coordinates the University’s efforts to implement these policies and procedures, which are essential to fulfilling the mission of our office. They are listed by level of issuing authority. The University’s Policies, Regulations, and Rules website contains the full listing of all University Policies and Procedures.
UNC System-wide Policies
Equal opportunity and a commitment to an inclusive and diverse community are vital to the achievement of the University’s missions in teaching, research, and public service. The links below provide System-wide and institutional resources in these critical areas.
- Policy on Equality of Opportunity in the University (see Section 103)
- SHRA Equal Opportunity policies:
For equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion information for the UNC System Office, contact Chris Chiron, Associate Vice President for Employee Relations and Equal Opportunity Officer.
University Policy Memos
- Title IX and Notice of Non-Discrimination (3/18)
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination (3/18)
- Promoting Diversity in Hiring (3/18)
- Faculty Responsibilities for Providing Accommodations to Students with Disabilities (8/17)
- Promoting Diversity in Hiring, Recruitment and Retention (8/16)
- Required Title IX Training – Responsible Employees (8/15)
Other Policies and Procedures
These policies and procedures are related to the mission of the Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity. They are listed by date of first issue. The University’s Policies, Regulations, and Rules website contains the full listing of all University Policies and Procedures.
- Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Affirmative Action Policy Statement
- Code of Student Conduct
- Computer Use Policy
- Computer Use Regulation
- Faculty Grievance and Non-Reappointment Review Policy
- Grievance Procedure for Students
- Interpersonal Relationships Among Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Parking and Transportation Policies
- Personal Care Attendants for Students with Disabilities
- Medical, Maternity, and Parental Leave for Faculty with Academic Year Appointments
- Mediation Policy
- Reasonable Accommodations in Employment
- Service Animals for Persons with Disabilities
- Service and Assistance Animals in University-Owned Housing Facilities
- Student Grievances