GAY, LESBIAN, BISEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER CENTER
Trans 101 is a two-hour workshop designed to introduce participants to the spectrum of transgender, gender-nonconforming, and gender-questioning identities and expressions. The workshop is designed to prepare participants to understand and address the needs of transgender students. The curriculum addresses a wide range of information, including:
- Identity terminology related to sex and gender
- Common concerns faced by trans students
- Ways to practice trans inclusion
Registration is required to attend. All workshops will be located in Talley Student Center.
Fall 2016 Workshop Dates
- Thursday, September 8, 2016 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
- Thursday, November 10, 2016 from 2:00 – 4:00 PM in Talley Student Union, Room 4280
Spring 2017 Workshop Dates
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
- Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 2:00 – 4:00 PM in Talley Student Union, Room 3222
To register for the Trans 101 workshop, please click here. If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations to attend this workshop, please contact us at 919-513-9742.