Celebrate Black History Month at NC State
News from the Provost
- NC State Jumps to No. 80 Worldwide for U.S. Patents
- 12 Receive Awards for Excellence
- June 2017 Announcements
- Provost’s Corner: June 2017
- Transitions in the Office of International Affairs
- 2017 Common Reading Program
- Get to Know: McKimmon Center
- Vice Provost and Director of Libraries Susan Nutter to Retire
- Students Share Value of Graduate Education with Legislators
Multicultural Student Affairs and the Black History Month planning committee present Black History Month 2017, beginning with the keynote address, “Black Girl Magic: A Discussion on Identity, Representation and Black Womanhood” by local educator and blogger Kimberlee Postell, on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 in the Piedmont Ballroom, Talley Student Union from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The Black History Month 2017 printable calendar highlights six featured programs, including lectures, discussions and workshops hosted by various offices, departments and organizations at NC State. The full list of events can be found at go.ncsu.edu/bhm17. At this time, there are over 25 events, with more being added as submitted.
We encourage you to engage in Black History Month on social media using #NCStateBHM17. We look forward to seeing you at these events and celebrating Black History during February!
- Download the Black History Month 2017 printable calendar.
- See the online calendar for the full list of events.
Leah Young is assistant director for African American student affairs in Multicultural Student Affairs.