TITLE IX AT NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
It’s on US.
As a community, we must all make ending sex discrimination a priority. However, some individuals at the university have been identified as having specific responsibility for reporting any behavior that has the potential to be discriminatory or harassing.
WHAT IS A RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEE?
A responsible employee includes any employee:
- who has the authority to take action to redress sex discrimination,
- who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sex discrimination, or any other misconduct, to the Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or
- an employee whom a person could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
Unsure if the person you’re speaking to is a responsible employee? Follow these quick and easy steps:
- Just ask! RE’s are trained to identify their responsibilities and tell you if they are required to report.
- Look for the Responsible Employee logo on the person’s door, laptop, or elsewhere in their office or cubicle
- Search our database, available below in the spring of 2017.
FIND A RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEE
Responsible Employees at NC State have been identified as the following individuals:*
- All Vice Chancellors, Associate and Assistant Vice Chancellors
- Provost, Senior Vice Provosts, Vice Provosts, and Associate Vice Provosts
- Colleges: All Deans, Associate and Assistant Deans, Department Heads, Associate Department Heads, Directors of Graduate Programs, and selected service professionals, academic advisors, program directors, and student career counselors as identified by the College’s Dean.
- Division of Academic and Student Affairs: All personnel and all faculty/staff advisors to registered/recognized student organizations, with the exception of Student Health Services, Counseling Center professional staff, and pastoral counselors, administrative assistants and finance employees.
- International Affairs: All professional staff
- Enrollment Management & Services: Selected personnel as identified by Vice Provost for
- Enrollment Management & Services and University Registrar
- Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity: All professional staff
- Park Scholarships: All professional staff
- Goodnight Scholars Program: All professional staff
- Caldwell Fellows: All professional staff
- Athletics: All directors, coaches, and trainers.
- Centers and Institutes: Selected personnel as identified by the Vice Chancellor for Research, Innovation, and Economic Development, the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, and Deans having supervisory authority over the center or institute
- Environmental Health and Public Safety: Selected personnel as identified by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Environmental Health and Public Safety
- University Police: All personnel
- Campus Enterprises: Selected personnel as identified by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Enterprises
- Human Resources: Selected personnel as identified by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
*A searchable database of Responsible Employees will be available in the spring of 2017. For questions about responsible employee status please contact OIED at (919) 513-0574.
TRAINING RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEES
If your position has been identified as one of NC State’s Responsible Employees, you must complete a Title IX approved training program on an annual basis.
Failure to Complete Training
REGISTER FOR TRAINING
Registration for Responsible Employee training for the 2016-2017 academic year will open in the spring of 2017.